About the Journal
About the Journal
- Since 1994, The Annals of Dentistry University of Malaya (Ann Dent UM) is a peer-reviewed open access journal published by the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya. Until 2018, accepted manuscripts were published two times a year (June and December).
- Starting from 2019, Ann Dent UM become an online journal and publishes accepted manuscripts immediately after the acceptance with DoI.
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- Ann Dent UM does not charge article processing fees or open access fees to any authors.
- Ann Dent UM accepts manuscripts in the form of Letters to Editor; Research Article; Review Article; Brief/Short Communication; Case Report; Perspective, Opinion, and Hypothesis based papers, an undergraduate research project in the broader field of dental, oral health, and diseases, oral and craniofacial sciences.
- Editorial decision on the acceptance and rejection is based on the scientific merit of the manuscript and the final editorial decision will come from the Executive Editor. For detail please see Editorial Policy.
- The editorial decision of Ann Dent UM follows a systematic approach hence is expected to complete the first round of review process within 4-12 weeks. However, the delay in getting responses from the reviewers is beyond the control of Ann Dent UM editorial team.
- Readership of Ann Dent UM includes but not limited to oral, dental, and craniofacial researchers and clinical scientists; dentists; oral and dental policy-makers; and dental educators.
- All published articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution